Check out our 2021 local and global news features!
- PA Congress members join Shut Down Berks in letter demanding end to ICE contract at detention center | Al Día News (aldianews.com)
- ‘Libertad,’ the fight to Shut Down Berks goes to Independence Mall | Al Día News (aldianews.com)
- 145 organizations stand against the repurposing of the Berks County Detention Center, demand it’s shut down for good | Al Día News (aldianews.com)
- After years of protest, the Berks County immigration center is empty, but advocates remain wary of family detention – The Morning Call (mcall.com)
- Adrianna Torres-García, “It’s Time to Close Immigrant Detention Centers for Good, Not Eexpand Them – Opinion,” Philadelphia Inquirer, September 27, 2021.
- “At Independence Hall, Activists Call for End of ICE Contract and the Plan for a Women’s Prison,” Philadelphia Inquirer, September 25, 2021.
- “Medical Deportations and Ongoing and Often Neglected Violation of Patient’s Rights,” National Law Review, July 22, 2021.
- “Penn Law & Free Migration Project Report Reveals Ongoing Unreported Violations of Patient Rights with Medical Deportations,” Penn Law News, June 10, 2021.